Tax and Accounting Internship positions are available from early January to mid-April with interviews held in the fall.
The Intern will be involved primarily with business and personal income tax return preparation, but will be exposed to all areas of accounting and tax work, including: audits, reviews and compilations, and tax return preparation.
The intern will work closely with principals and staff and will also have some direct client contact, especially in preparing personal tax returns. The primary goal for the intern is that he/she will function as a beginning accountant.
The training will be on-the-job with close supervision and constant feedback. Some classroom-type training will be provided in teaching the intern to prepare individual income tax returns and audit work papers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing audit procedures such as compliance testing
- Preparing work papers and reconciliations on review and compilation engagements
- Preparing accounting records and performing the bookkeeping for use in preparing trust and partnership tax returns
- Gathering, organizing and analyzing data for personal tax returns
- Preparing personal, partnership, trust, and business income tax returns online
The intern will have completed course work in accounting and tax. The intern must have good oral and written communication skills, be detail oriented, and have good analytical ability and judgment.
The intern will receive constant written and oral feedback throughout the job and will have a final evaluation with an owner upon completion of the internship.
We offer a competitive salary and great work environment.
Wiebel, Hennells & Carufe, recruits from our local university. We are part of the formal interviewing process at Florida Gulf Coast University in the fall.
Please send resume in confidence to:
Wiebel, Hennells & Carufe, PLLC
ATTN: Firm Administrator
9420 Bonita Beach Road, Suite 200
Bonita Springs, FL 34135
WHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer